Friday, May 19, 2006

Random thought #1 (collect all Five!)

I’m not even remotely capable of making music. But I think that it would’ve been super-cool* if I can pour this unworthy turmoil (which by the way has been around for quite a while that I start to think that it has successfully transformed into a permanent state of mind instead of a temporary commotion that it’s supposed to be) into a song.

Maybe it will sound less stupid if I disguised all the obvious meaning by use of poetic and rhyming words. Maybe people will even think that it’s a beautiful song, although they may not understand what it actually means. Like Jewel’s songs, prior to that one with the video where she started to dance and dress cheap and pose and take beauty shots and practically lose her mind. While that formula is quintessential for a manufactured pop star like Jessica Simpson, it was a career suicide for Jewel.

Where was I? Oh yeah, writing a song. Here’s a title that keeps popping up into my mind like an annoying err..pop-up window **.

“I should’ve keyed your car”

It has a nice ring into it, does it? I imagined that the sound of this song would be somewhat a mixture of Liz Phair meets Fall Out Boys meets Radiohead circa ok computer, with a touch of Ben Folds’ smart-mouthed-ness. Hearing the song for the 1st time, people would think that it’s about quasi-vandalism as an outlet for teenage angst. But then when they listen to it, they would realize actually that the song has nothing to do with teenage angst. Maybe it’s about something more profound but equally impulsive.

This song will be the title track of my first EP. The other tracks in the EP would be my own rendition of the Carpenter’s Desperado and Sum 41’s Fat Lip. It would top the chart of Rolling Stones for about 3 weeks before being knocked over by Tori Amos’ new album (consider it as a dignified defeat). And then Jason Mraz would start to make references about me on his site. Hehehe...


* do you know what’s NOT super-cool? The phrase super-cool itself. (and in fact it’s actually down-right lame)
** please excuse the uncreative choice of analogy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home