Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Five Musicians That I Want My First Album to Sound Like

I don’t think I will ever have any album, EVER. Those who have gone to karaoke with me would probably know what I’m saying.
  1. Renee Olstead

I just adore her voice. It’s sultry but not too sultry. She has good technique but that’s not the only thing that she relies on. She sounds so much older than her age, and I mean it in a v.v.v.good way. And I like her music, too. It has a vintage note to it and not many artists make that kind of music these days. She successfully pulled off all these old numbers which was originally recorded about 30 years before she was even born.

  1. Ben Folds

The thing with all of Ben’s songs is that you’ll never know where it’ll go, line after line. It’s not like those cheesy pop songs in which you can figure out what the chorus, the bridge and the ending would sound like as soon as you listen to the first verse. I think his piano melodies are truly one of a kind, at least in these modern days. (One of his influences is Jerry Lee Lewis). And also his lyrics. You can listen to his song for so many times, and it has a different meaning each time you listen to it.

  1. Alicia Keys

Some of her lyrics are actually a bit mushy-mushy, but she can sing it without sounding ..well, mushy-mushy. I think it’s because she’s so soulful that it sound like she really means those words. And her vocal range is also quite remarkable. She can hit all the high notes without sounding as annoying as Mariah.

  1. Fall Out Boys

They’re just another perfect evident that being a loser in high school makes you a good musician, later in your life as a grown up. All those teenage angst, bottled up inside for years, waiting for a channel to come out. It’s just like fine wine, the longer it’s been kept, the better it gets.

  1. Kings of Convenience

I just love they serene, tranquil sound. It’s such a signature of Scandinavian bands. KOC do to music what Andrew Wyeth do to paintings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home