Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Five Most Kick-Butt Characters in a Book

Hahaha..I resist on using the a-word, in order to be politically correct.
  1. Holden Caulfield in ‘The Catcher in the Rye

This is one demented guy. He’s just mad at and pissed off by everything in this world. Well, despite the profane language and elusive cursing, I think he’s got a point. Some of his thoughts are also v.v. quote-worthy (e.g.‘I’m kind of paranoid in reverse, I suspect people of plotting to make me happy’; ‘every dumb moron hates it when you call them dumb moron’). And I think it’s very sweet that the only person whose gut isn’t hated by him is his little sister.

  1. Christopher Boone in ‘The Curios Incident of the Dog in the Night Time’

Even though he’s autistic, I think he’s able to explain human relationship in the extent that can not mustered by us, un-autistics.

  1. Garry Boone in ‘Dogs Don’t Tell Jokes’

He’s this self-deprecating jester who just doesn’t get the idea of social-climbing in junior high. He’s so clueless that it would’ve been funny, if it wasn’t so pathetic.

  1. Tyler Durden in ‘Fight Club’

Okay, okay, I admit it. I put him on the list because I have the vision in my mind of a guy named Tyler Durden who has all Brad Pitt’s physical magnetism and Ed Norton’s charisma. I mean, the idea!

  1. Becky Bloomwood in the ‘Shoppaholic’ series

Reading the series is almost like reading my personal diary (if I actually keep a diary, that is). Well, except for the part where she met Luke Brandon (sigh!). This is the woman who managed to rationalize and justify shoppaholicism. All her explanations are flawless and cannot be refuted by any psychological dogma. And for that, I adore her. Thanks Becky, now I won’t feel so guilty for spending a fortune on a pair of shoes. (hahahahha…Yeah right!)

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home